- Working Groups:
- Phase I - Working Group 1: Monitoring and Verification Objectives
- Phase I - Working Group 2: On-Site Inspections
- Phase I - Working Group 3: Technical Challenges and Solutions
- Phase II - Working Group 4: Verification of Nuclear Weapon Declarations
- Phase II - Working Group 5: Verification of Reductions
- Phase II - Working Group 6: Technologies for Verification
Terms of Reference
On-site inspections are a powerful tool to ensure that states are complying with the terms of a given treaty or agreement. Successful OSI relies on detailed and agreed-upon objectives and procedures, as outlined in specific treaty provisions.
The Working Group on On-Site Inspection (WG2) explored the lessons learned from various on-site inspection regimes and identify fundamental OSI principles common across various of those regimes. WG2 assessed the applicability and utility of these principles to potential future nuclear arms control agreements, and identify potential new inspection activities and techniques that could effectively verify compliance with future agreements.